Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dismeyland!

Well were are gettting back to normal after a nice week in California. Gracie is already saying, "Try Again." The long days there sure wore ya out. Our first day we went to visit the Queen Mary. A big sister ship to the titanic that sailed back and forth from England to New York every week between 1930's to 1969. It had so many neat things and is supposedly haunted..ooohh...It was cool to see everything.
We spent about 3 days in Disneyland and it was SO crowded that it was kinda hard to get around and do what we wanted. I didn't take Gracie on as many little rides as I would have liked cause the lines were too long. Also, everytime we went to get a picture taken with a character, it was time for the character to leave so we didn't visit many. Gracie did get to stand in line at the princess fair and see cinderella, Ariel and Minnie, She loved them! We went to Sea World and Universal Studios a couple days. Universal was not as fun as I remembered. They took out the E.T. and Back to the Future rides. I did like the Jurassic Park and Tram rides. The tram was neat, it took you through studios where they were filming Desperate Housewives, Pirates #4, and many other cool things.

Halloween Minnie and Mickey!

We ate dinner one night at a place called the Blue Bayou. It is in disneyland in the middle of the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride. It was a cool atmosphere. It was dark inside and it made ya feel like you were outside in New Orleans..


My dinner was the cheapest at $24.99. It was called the monte cristo. Ham and cheese in a battered bread that was almost like deep fried french toaste with a side of au gratin potatoes. I didn't even get a drink..Maybe worth going once. Gracie enjoyed her $8.99 Mac and cheese




She loved the Merry-Go-Round the Best










At Sea world we were able to feed the Bat (Sting) Rays. That was neat. you put a fish in between 2 fingers and put your hand in the water, then they swim over your hand and suck it up like a vaccum. When they got close i let it go I was too scared. I even accidently made one suck the wall, it sounded funny, slluuurrrp













Gracie and Princess Minnie








Gracie and Ariel



Gracie and Cinderella. Steve said he liked cinderella the best, that she was the sweetest to Gracie and made Gracie smile the best. We didn't get to talk to Snow White, wish we could have, Gracie LOVES her.






Steve and I had a fun Simpsons moment while the others were all on the nauseating Simpsons Ride.

My little Addy the Pirate



A blury Magical Castle


Boo!

We passed by Mrs. Woodywoodpecker. She saw Adalyn and came right over. She asked if she could hold Addy and loved her to death! We had a hard time getting her to give her back. Gracie and Addy also saw curious george (marie has the pics.) which they had the same affect on him too. What can I say, I have cute kids.




my STUD





One of the cabins on the Queen Mary. The Queen Mary got her name this way-They had a meeting with England council and decided they were going to name the boat Queen Victoria..They went and asked permission to name the boat after England Greatest Queen and Queen Mary stood up and said,"I would be honored' they didnt know what to say so they stuck with that and had to order all new china, napkins EVERYTHING.




Queen Mary

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I'm always shocked at how much food is there. We usually take our food with us because it costs us around 100 dollars or more for one meal to feed our family. Great pictures!!! Glad you all made it back safely.