Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cool Halloween Wreath and Random Talk

So I saw some really pretty holiday wreaths on someones blog, one with ribbon and one with just tulle. I thought they were both so cute so I decided to do both with tulle and ribbon. I thought it turned out so so cute.
If you want to do it this is what i did. I took a wreath form and wrapped it with some ribbon hot glued the ends onto the wreath. I cut some tulle into long strips then tied them around the wreath, making the tulle stick out in different directions. Then i took many different colors of ribbon. I cut the ribbon into 4-5 inch strips, Took the strip and folded it in half and sewed the ends together. I was about 3/4 to 1 inch from the end of the ribbon. then i took the end and opened it like a seam and hot glued it onto the wreath.
I then took the numbers 3 and 1 and painted them., glued them to a ribbon and hung it from the wreath. Found a cute wide ribbon and wrapped it around the top of the wreath (you will want to leave an opening at the top of the wreath to beable to hang it like this) and hung it from the door. i cut a long piece from the wide ribbon and made a bow around the hanging strip. Does any of this make sense?. if not, sorry. It is so fun and cute!! So Steve and I went through our old garage the other day, we found some cardboard boxes full of stuff..Some of them had been mostly eaten by termites aahh! So we had to burn a lot of that stuff.
I also found a box of stuff from high school, year books and graduation stuff. It had gotten wet and a lot of my pages in the year books got ruined. Some framed pictures and all of my tassles had to be thrown away. they were so yucky. I couldn't throw my year books away so I cleaned them up and did the best i could to save them. My senior book was the worst.
After I saved them I started to go through them, I feel really embarrassed about the way I acted a lot of the time. I think i might have tried too hard with some people. I just didn't have the fun school experiences that I wish i could of had.
But, I am happy now and thats all that counts right? Right!
So my halloween party is on the 23rd at my house. it is at 5 pm. there will be a costume contest for young and adults, games, movies and yummy yummy food! Hope to see people there :)
So this week I tried to set goals to try and get things around the house put away and better organized. You think, its the beginning of the week, I have all week to do it and I can get it done. Well the week is halfway over and I haven't gotten ANY of it done. AAHH. I dont really know what I do all day besides take care of kids (this week, sick kids). I have 2 rooms that look like a tornado passed through them, maybe someday I can get it taken care of. They should have been done by now but hey I have only lived here a couple months :) At least my salon is done and ready for appointments. Till next time TTFN

1 comment:

Sandra said...

That wreath is awesome!!! Looks great. Bummer about the sick kids, hope everyone is better soon.