Friday, May 25, 2012

From vacation to home

    We had an AWESOME vacation! We left way early Saturday and headed over to Florida, spent the night there, then boarded the ship to the Caribbean. We got back Sunday night at midnight. We had so much fun and did so many activities. 
 We had a nice group of 14 that came. Most the time we were split and it was the 9 of us.  We all sang karaoke every night, had a wonderful dinner with dessert everynight. We stayed up late everynight dancing and singing followed by pizza and ice cream! 
  Our first stop was Cozumel. We did a ATX buggy ride through the mud. It was pretty fun but expensive for not much. I got my turn at riving off muddy ramps and flying through the mud-I also got called crazy chica from one of the Spanish guides.  The next stop was Belize-We went cave tubing which was a realyl neat.  I suggest doing that if you are ever in that neighborhood. We floated on tubes with lighted helmets down the myan (sp.?) caves. . Afterward we had the best homemade rice and beans I had ever had! 
The next stop was Isla Roatan in Honduras. It was a beautifull place. We did a zip line which was awesome but could have been a lot longer. I also held a monkey-sweet little thing..Was just like a baby


The next stop was The Grand Cayman Islands. I think this island was the prettiest. We took a boat out the the sting ray island and swam and fed the sting rays..They would swim and slide their bodies on you, at first is freaked me out but then it was kinda cool. A kiss on the sting ray-17 years good luck!
It rained most the time- a little bit of sun but mostly warm rain. The last day headed home was nice and sunny (go figure).
   The cruise ship has a big show the last night of the cruise where they have try-outs for singers earlier in the week then perform that night. Most of our group was in the show. Steve isn't a performer so he didn't want to be left out and entered the hairy chest competition-and he won!! He did great at pole dancing, giving pick up lines and fighting a towel dragon ha ha. He definetly would not have entered if he knew he had to do more than just take off his shirt. They recorded it and played it through a loop on the tv throughout the entire cruise..So by the end he was pretty famous.








Derrick-Elton John: Dan-Elvis: Weston-Ricky Martin:Geoff-Garth Brooks: Me-Madonna
When it was time to go home, I started getting home sick for the cruise. Then I came home to my beautiful girls. In the morning they came into the room and looked at us like, is that really you mom and dad? They probably would have been just fine with us gone longer. We saw grandma the next day and they wanted her to do everything..Guess its time to start planning another vacation ha ha :)


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Um, does Steve know you posted that picture of him? ;) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Rebecca (hearts)...

Sandra said...

Fun pictures. I laughed about the hairy chest competition, that is hilarious. We went cave tubing too, it's pretty neat. I wanna go on a cruise again, it's so relaxing. Glad you guys had a good time!