I have to say that I have been thankful for all the rain we have had in April. For those of you who don't know, I will tell you why.
It all started when I came home from work in the morning a couple of weeks ago..I climbed into bed, fell asleep and was dreaming of a kids birthday party outside...The yard was full of colorful balloons, a big yummy cake on the table, a stack of a variety of colorful presents..I was enjoying the lovely summer air, when all of the sudden, an awful aroma replaced the smell of white whipped frosting and freshly cut green grass and petunias..The awful aroma of a skunk! I looked up from the party table and saw a little family of skunks walking up the street. My heart started to pound-not just in my dream, in real life too! Just then I was awakened from my husband-he was getting ready to leave for work. He proceeded to tell me that the dogs went out to go potty and they were sprayed by a skunk! AAH. He told me how they went right outside and thought they saw a cat, they barked and ran after it..Not 5 seconds had passed and they came running back..Scared to death, Steve immediately picked up on what had happened, said "oh crap!" and took them into the garage and left for work. How nice huh? Before he left he did tell me, "well the smell in the bedroom isn't that bad yet, but it will get worse". Boy was he right! The aroma filled the house as though a skunk stink bomb went off INSIDE! I flipped out, called my mother in law..Found a de-skunker recipe on the Internet of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. Took the dogs to the shower. I spent all day replacing the wallflowers in my home with brand new ones, cleaning everything from top to bottom..I was nervous to open up the windows, because the skunk sprayed the house outside and it was worse out there. Making the story short, the house smells better, the rain cleaned most of the air, the dogs smell mostly better and my headache is lifting.
No comments:
Post a Comment