I love decorating my home! I love finding things to hang on my walls and to decorate with and I have a long ways to go to make everything how I want it. I got my cabinet guy to make me this lovely shelf to hang on my big empty wall above my banister.
This is a shelf my awesome brother in law and my hubby made me. It was a bit of a pain for them but they did a great job..Since I don't have a lovely fire place mantle to decorate, I came up with this one to make.
These are the other shelves they made for me. The plan was for my hubby to buy me the wood and cut it for me, and I was going to make them and paint them. It didn't turn out that way..He was just nice and did it all for me:) I found an easy tutorial on how to make these shelves from Houseofsmiths. A lovely addition to my dining room. Now I just need to go find some fun things to decorate them with. I do love the candle stand with the greenery on both of my shelves. We went to tai pan this weekend and another customer was showing people some fun ideas with the greenery. I found this fun metal stand over at ikea. I had a hard time deciding what stand to get, after a a quick ,"Make a decision" comment from my sis in law (I did appreciate) I decided on this one..A lovely way to keep my plants off the floor from baby.
My finished dining room
Happy Valentines Day!
We spent our day making cookies and just playing. Adalyn wasn't feeling very good. She had been throwing up the night before so we decided to stay home and Steve picked up Chinese on the way home which we enjoyed and watched a movie together as a family.
What is it with my kids being sick on holidays? I really think the flu shots we got this year were duds. We usually get a cold or two during the winter months but this year we have had a cold or the flu (vomiting!) throughout the ENTIRE winter season. I am so sick of it. I have spring fever so bad and I cannot wait for it to get warm!!! Did I mention Adalyn will be 1 in a month!!! Yes 1!!!!! I am in shock...I am so sad and amazed how the year just flew by so fast! She looks so little to be 1 and did I also mention she REALLY wants to walk?! She took 5 steps the other day and if she was feeling better, I bet she would be trying to take more today.
Hope you all have a great week and after being sick myself, I am going to stay in some comfy clothes, curl up on the couch and cuddle my babies while I watch a much needed chick flick. Poor Steve, he doesn't feel the best either and he has to go to work..I only we were rich or he owned his own company huh.
1 comment:
Those look great, they did an awesome job. I'm with you, I'm ready for Spring!!!
Post a Comment